[Developers] Opensource website

Arni Magnusson arnima at hafro.is
Fri Jul 24 16:04:15 PDT 2009

Yes, FishBox looks like a noteworthy collection of statistical tools. I
just rummaged through the box, and I would say that we don't need to worry
about adding a blurb about ADMB.

This website is a collection of 20 statistical projects implemented by 3
authors: Eli Holmes at NWFSC, Eric Ward at NWFSC, and Brice Semmens at
UCSB. The tools are implemented in Matlab, Bugs, Java, and R, submitted in
the summers of 2007 and 2008. The source code is always included, so ideas
can be reused in another project in a different programming language.

Projects:

   Path of a tagged animal
   Bayes factors
   Multivariate autoregressive analysis
   Catastrophic events in population models
   Population viability analysis
   Data cloning, univariate and multivariate
   Number of species in a community
   Stochastic population processes
   Gibbs sampler for multiple LM
   Hierarchical LM of MPA effects
   Stable isotope analysis
   Null models in ecology
   Plotting routines [Matlab]
   Random number generators [Java]
   MCMC and simulated annealing [Matlab]
   Teaching state-space models [Matlab]

If anyone has a reasonably generic ecological tool implemented in ADMB,
this might be an appropriate site to distribute it.

Arni