[Developers] I might be interested in creating a debian package!

bigA jaguar.smart at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 16:17:59 PST 2010

Hi All,
I might be somewhat slow, I am just starting a Ph.D at UBC fisheries, and
helping to develop a flash device for R.
However, I think I can do this!  I haven't done it before either, but I have
experience reading Debian documentation and have been
mucking around with Debian for a while!

 I propose a three stage process.  Once I get the first stage done I might
need some help, I haven't really started using ADMB yet.
I have just compiled it from source and played with the examples.

1) I compile the main package, write a token man page, and figure out how to
get admb-mode automatically installed if emacs is
already installed.  I also keep notes and step by step instructions.
2) We test it and make sure that it works in house, write a more complete
man page, and potentially automate the build.
3) We submit it to Debian, so that nerds world wide can easily try it out!
It would be nice if the ADMB foundation could submit the package so that I
am not the exclusive Debian maintainer.

I really do think that this will expand the user base of ADMB.
Aaron