[Developers] AD model and RAM

Arni Magnusson arnima at hafro.is
Fri May 28 09:28:02 PDT 2010

Hi Mark,

I think if Peter runs his model on the the machine he describes, it would
utilize only 1 core but the full 8 GB of RAM, minus what's reserved for
the OS. So that might well fix his problem. Although cache memory is
largely core-specific, the RAM is shared.

It would be very useful if ADMB could report the amount of memory required
by the model. Peter's model (buggy or not) may require >1000 GB for all we
know. Do you guys know if ADMB can report the required memory, so users
can determine the RAM they need?

Arni