[Developers] [ADMB Users] FW: myxomatosis example

bigA jaguar.smart at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 21:43:10 PDT 2011

Just out of curiosity, why not have a second package for user contributed
code? Then as individual users want to extend their personal library of admb
functions they would already have a standardized build process with a make
file already started to build from.   It could also help establish some
coding conventions,  across different user's contributed code, and
a coherent way for users to include documentation  with the functions they
submit. Finally it could also be useful to ensure that credit is given to
those who contribute; admb is an open source project and it is nice make
sure that people's names are on their work.  I would be willing to help with
this, but I want to know how the admb establishment feels.
Aaron