[Developers] FW: parallel processing

Jim Ianelli Jim.Ianelli at noaa.gov
Wed Jul 6 11:05:42 PDT 2011

I don't have a good feeling for what's best here but from some modest
searching online, it seems MPI might be most useful since (I think) they
have some facility to access the GPU (which may be much faster than
accessing CPUs, especially over networks).  One example software package
that uses the GPU directly is shown on
http://www.accelereyes.com/libjacket_tour?idx=0

Apologies if GPUs have been part of this discussion already and I've
missed it.

Cheers,
Jim