[Developers] palallel processing with MPI

John Sibert sibert at hawaii.edu
Thu Jul 7 14:01:01 PDT 2011

Trying to compile catage, I get ‘mpi_manager’ is not a member of
‘ad_comm’ which is true.
The class ad_comm is declared fvar.hpp (at least in our version).
The class mpi_manager is declared in admodel.h in the code you sent, but
it is not a member of ad_comm in the code you sent. Did you also change
fvar.hpp?

Which is not a big deal, but raises the question of where is the best
place for this stuff. It might be better to associate it with the
autodif library so it would be of more general use?

If I understand the ad_comm constructor correctly, it creates and starts
1000 slave processes which do nothing until they receive some data?

John