[Developers] FW: parallel processing

John Sibert sibert at hawaii.edu
Fri Jul 8 10:03:04 PDT 2011

MPI may indeed be the preferred tool, but I'm finding it a bit difficult
to get started. The docs appear to be little more than man pages.
Yesterday, I discovered some doxygen stuff in the source code distro
(openmpi-1.4.3). There are some books listed on amazon, but they may be
a bit dated.

There is some stuff on openmpi at
http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matloff/openmp.html which discusses
pragmas. And and an undated book by the same author Norm Matloff
http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matloff/158/PLN/OpenMP.pdf

Anybody else have any better docs?

Perhaps the redmine forum would be a good place to post references?

John