[Developers] Other interesting conference

Mark Maunder mmaunder at iattc.org
Wed Jun 1 21:40:36 PDT 2011

See below, but in particular the session described at http://www.jku.at/ifas/content/e98868/index_html?team_view=section&t=7&emp=e98868/employee_groups_wiss98983/employees99374

Mark

From: Theodore E. Simos [mailto:tsimos at kastoria.teikoz.gr]
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 7:25 PM
To: Theodore E. Simos
Subject: Re: International Conference of Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics 2011 (ICNAAM 2011)

Apologies for cross-postings
Dear Colleagues,
This year we organize the 9th International Conference of Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics 2011 (ICNAAM 2011) in Halkidiki, Greece at the Hotel and Conference Center: G-Hotels: http://www.g-hotels.gr/.  The dates of the Conference are: 19-25 September 2011. URL address: http://www.icnaam.org/
Within ICNAAM 2011 we will celebrate the 76th birthday of Prof. Dr. Bill Gear.
Please circulate the following announcement, call for papers, sessions and minisymposia to your colleagues.

The Registration and Accommodation has begun. Please book your room until 30/06/2011, in order to haven’t problems with your accommodation.

Procedure for Registration – Accommodation:

1. Download the registration-accommodation form (in PDF or .DOC format) from http://www.icnaam.org/ or http://www.icnaam.org/registration.htm or http://www.icnaam.org/new_page_1.htm

2. Complete the registration-accommodation form

3. Send it to the e-mail: tsimos.conf at gmail.com<mailto:tsimos.conf at gmail.com> with cc to tsimos.conf09 at gmail.com<mailto:tsimos.conf09 at gmail.com> OR to the secure fax: ++ 30 210 94 20 091.

4. Attention: In the case of Bank Transfer, your registration and your accommodation are NOT valid until the submission of the Bank Slip of the Bank Transfer.
So far 83 Symposia have been approved. We invite you to send a proposal for a session or a minisymposium
For this conference I mention the following:
1. This year leaders on Numerical Analysis will participate in our Conference:
Invited Speakers so far:

•        C. W. Gear (Bill), Senior Scientist, Chemical Engineering, Princeton University (zero-time appointment), Emeritus President, NEC Research Institute, Emeritus Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA

•        Uri M. Ascher, Computer Science Department, 2366 Main Mall, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6T 1Z4

•        Stephen L. Campbell, Department of Mathematics, North Carolina State University, Box 8205, Raleigh NC 27695, USA

•        Michel Crouzeix, IRMAR, Équipe d'analyse numérique, Université de Rennes 1, Campus de Beaulieu, 35042, Rennes Cedex France

•        Celso Grebogi, Sixth Century Chair Professor, Director, Institute for Complex Systems and Mathematical Biology, Institute for Complex Systems and Mathematical Biology, School of Natural and Computing Sciences, King's College, University of Aberdeen, Old Aberdeen AB24 3UE, UK

•        W. Hundsdorfer, CWI : Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica, (Center for Mathematics and Computer Science), Department MAS : Modelling, Analysis and Simulation, Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands

•        I.G. Kevrekidis, Department Of Chemical Engineering, Engineering Quadrangle, Princeton University

•        Ben Leimkuhler, James Clerk Maxwell Building, University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JZ UK

•        Tom Manteuffel, Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Colorado at Boulder, 526 UCB, Boulder, CO 80309-0526, USA

•        Brynjulf Owren, Department of Mathematical Sciences, NTNU, 7491 Trondheim, Norway

•        Linda R. Petzold, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Computer Science, University of California, Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-5070, USA

•        Robert D. Skeel, Purdue University, Department of Computer Science, 305 N. University Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2107, USA

•        Karline Soetaert, The Netherlands Institute of Ecology (NIOO-KNAW), Korringaweg 7, 4401 NT Yerseke, The Netherlands

•        Frank (Franciscus) Sommen, Clifford Research Group, Department of Mathematical Analysis, Faculty of Engineering, Ghent University, Gent, Belgium

•        Edriss S. Titi, Mathematics, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Department of Mathematics, University of California, Irvine, Rowland Hall Building, USA

•        Guido Vanden Berghe, Vakgroep Toegepaste Wiskunde en Informatica, Universiteit Gent, Krijgslaan 281 - S9, B - 9000 Gent, Belgium

•         Nikolai Vasilevski, Departamento de Matematicas, CINVESTAV del I.P.N., Apartado Postal 14-740, 07000 Mexico, D.F., Mexico
2. We are proud to announce that the Proceedings of ICNAAM 2011 will be published in the very famous AIP (American Institute of Physics) Conference Proceedings. More information can be found at: http://www.icnaam.org/proceeding.htm
We note that the Proceedings of ICNAAM have been abstracted/indexed in: ISI Proceedings, Zentrablatt fur Mathematik, MathSciNet, Scopus, INSPEC, Scirus, Google Scholar etc.
Selected Proceedings of ICNAAM 2011 will be published in appropriate journals.
3. The session and symposium organizers have free registration and a participation in the accommodation fee.
If you want leaflets and posters for ICNAAM 2011, please send your request to tsimos.conf at gmail.com<mailto:tsimos.conf at gmail.com>  (with a carbon copy to: tsimos.conf09 at gmail.com<mailto:tsimos.conf09 at gmail.com>)
We mention that leaflet can be downloaded from the URL address of the Conference: http://www.icnaam.org
Sincerely yours,

Professor Dr. T.E. Simos
Chair and Organiser ICNAAM 2011