[Developers] inv problems.

Arni Magnusson arnima at hafro.is
Thu May 19 11:02:23 PDT 2011

Hi Dave,

I notice that I'm the only recipient of this important question. I
appreciate your faith in me, but efficient linear algebra with AD objects
is really outside my area of expertise.

I haven't looked at the inverse or solve code (old, new, or proposed), but
posted the GCC profile diagnostics to help the development team to improve
the performance of the 'vol' example, which became 3 times slower between
9.1 and 10.0. The profile diagnostics point at some culprit functions, and
Derek Seiple told me (25 Apr email) that he is currently following those
leads.

This is definitely a high-priority issue. Given the nature of the problem
(we have 9.1 code that works fast) and the upcoming developer workshop,
I'm optimistic it will be solved in version 10.2 or 11.0.

Cheers,

Arni