[Developers] A possible GPU project

dave fournier davef at otter-rsch.com
Wed Apr 11 10:39:16 PDT 2012

On 12-04-07 07:15 PM, Matthew Supernaw wrote:

To get back to your original question "I"  am not going to do anything.
At our meeting over a year ago I heard (between discussions on
organizing organizing)
talk about how wonderful GPU programming is.  So I studied it a bit and
did a few
examples to understand what it was like and posted the examples.  The
usual lack
of interest in any real development ensued.  But that involved AD so
extra technical
stuff besides simple GPU coding.

So here is an example which involves really standard matrix-vector
calculations.
I have isolated that into 3 functions which are in the attached hcalcs.
(One change is that the matrix h should be stored as a vector.)
This is archetypical code for adapting to GPU calculations.  The rest is
up to
whomever is so convinced that GPU calculations are great.  Of course I am
happy to collaborate on the details.