[Developers] The possiblity to "comment" in Plone

Hans J. Skaug Hans.Skaug at math.uib.no
Sat Dec 1 10:15:02 PST 2012

ADMB Developers,

Plone allows comments on pages like you see in online newpapers.
Do we want this for the example collection? It will direct some
future traffic away from the email user list (but we are not talking
about large volumues of traffic, anyway). Are there security issues?

I hope the example collection

http://www.admb-project.org/examples

will have lasting value. Thus, I am in favor of letting unregistered users comment on
examples. It is an easy way of letting people add snippets of
code without being registered as users.

The plone manual says:

"Your administrator can adjust the settings for the entire website to
either allow or disallow comments from unregistered visitors."

If we say YES I do not expect any short term effects, but it
could be part of community building, make us look "young and dynamic" :-).

Any thoughts?

Hans