[Developers] Test windows install procedure

Arni Magnusson arnima at hafro.is
Thu Apr 18 12:57:24 PDT 2013

The MinGW procedure also crashes on my machine (with different errors from
Matthew's), unless I truncate my path. So instead of

   set PATH=%CD%\utilities\mingw\bin;%PATH%

I do

   set PATH=%CD%\utilities\mingw\bin

and everything builds fine after that.

Keeping the original path active triggers conflicts between different
versions of make, different versions of GCC, and other Linux-like
programs. The most reliable way to build ADMB using MinGW is to truncate
the path to the minimum.

I have committed this change (r987) to INSTALL.txt.

Arni