[Developers] [ADMB Users] diagnostics to help (especially new) users

dave fournier davef at otter-rsch.com
Sun Feb 17 13:15:00 PST 2013

On 13-02-17 12:58 PM, John Sibert wrote:

In the meantime one could add  a bit of code
to the derivative checker so that
it evaluates the function twice with the same values and checks to see
if the objective
function is the same.  That would be easy.  you would still have to find the
uninitialized variable by inspection.

This seems like a reasonable idea to me, but I doubt the code will write
itself.