[Developers] Gaussian mixture model with mixed effects for the mean aond proportions

Mark Maunder mmaunder at iattc.org
Mon Aug 4 15:02:50 PDT 2014

Anyone developed a Gaussian mixture model (e.g. several normal distributions representing the length distribution for each age) in ADMB that has a linear mixed effect for the mean (e.g. the mean length at age) and a linear mixed effect for the proportion that each Gaussian makes of the total (e.g. the proportion that age makes of the total population)?

I would like to know if this is computationally feasible in ADMB (32,000 data points, 2500 realizations of one of the random effects, 240 realizations for another random effect) or if TMB would be better.

Thanks,

Mark