[Developers] Request documentation help

dave fournier davef at otter-rsch.com
Wed Feb 12 09:55:37 PST 2014

On 14-02-10 10:39 AM, Ian Taylor - NOAA Federal wrote:

Perhaps an example is needed.

At the Seattle  workshop (and at the Honolulu workshop and at ...)
I showed how you could define a set of print functions call mp()
(shorter is better for names here,
so that gdb users (included ddd) could use a command like

    call mp(M)

to print out say a vector or matrix in the debugger. Extend this to

     call mpc(M,4)

to  print out the 4'th column of a matrix M.

all this could be extended to all types in an intuitive manner etc.

To my knowledge nothing has been done with this.  I think it is a more
useful idea than
puking out vast amounts of mindless documentation.

Just a thought.