[Developers] Release 1619 fails on Mac OS - but 1624 works, thanks to Chris

Jon Schnute schnutej-dfo at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 12 15:44:13 PST 2014

Hi Mollie – Thanks for your message. You might be interested to know that
this really was a problem for me, even though it wasn’t for you. Apparently,
you have later versions of Mac OS and Xcode than I do. More recent versions
automatically add a space in options like “-oad2csv”, so that your system
would see “-o ad2csv”, but mine does not.

I know this thanks to an extensive conversation and testing session with
Chris Grandin this morning. He added the necessary spaces to ADMB scripts so
that they work with all versions of Xcode. Release 1624 now works on older
Mac systems like mine. Great work, Chris!

Incidentally, “make –j” fails on my Mac because it has an older chip with
too few cores. Chris says this will only work with newer processors that
have at least four cores.

Best wishes,

Jon