[Developers] good news

Mollie Brooks mollieebrooks at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 03:17:50 PDT 2014

Hi Developers,

I wanted to share some good news with you even though it probably won’t directly affect you.

I got a grant from the University of Zurich to host a little workshop here. The title is "Fitting flexible state-space and hierarchical models using the Laplace approximation and Automatic Differentiation". Hans Skaug and Kasper Kristensen will come and help me teach ADMB to researchers from math, finance, and ecology backgrounds. We’ll also talk about TMB.

This is a win-win because UZH researchers will learn better methods, and ADMB might gain some new contributors. There are at least two skilled computer programmers from finance that should participate.

I’m attaching the announcement in case you’re curious. The grant requires that 2/3 of participants are members of UZH, so I can’t advertise very widely.

Cheers,
Mollie

Mollie Brooks, PhD
Postdoctoral Researcher, Population Ecology Research Group http://www.popecol.org
Institute of Evolutionary Biology & Environmental Studies, University of Zürich