[Developers] Mac OS Source Insall

Mollie Brooks mbrooks at ufl.edu
Sat Jun 28 05:35:30 PDT 2014

Hi Developers,

Are new instructions for installing from source posted somewhere?
Steve Martel, being the Mac expert, do you know?

I did this just a few months ago and it was fine.
Now I get to the make step and get this

~/admb-trunk make
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make --file=Makefile c++
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make c++-src
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `c++-src'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [c++-all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I’m using the most recent source and xcode versions.

I’m also not doing well with the quick install so this is very important, but that’s a separate issue.

Thanks,
Mollie

Mollie Brooks, PhD
Postdoctoral Researcher, Population Ecology Research Group http://www.popecol.org
Institute of Evolutionary Biology & Environmental Studies, University of Zürich