[ADMB Users] Parallel processing with ADMB

JohnS sibert at hawaii.edu
Tue Jan 27 14:52:25 PST 2009

Chris,
I'm not familiar with CUDA, but I can tell you that writing parallel
code for automatic differentiation on a shared memory machine is very
challenging. One of the immediate goals of the ADMB Project is to
completely open the source code  in mid 2009. If you can wait a few
months you would be very welcome to try to compile the source code for
this target. Parallel processing is definitely on of the improvements
envisaged for future enhancements to ADMB. You might consider
participating in this process.

You should be aware the the current ADMB source code contains well
over 100,000 lines of C++ code, so that writing and testing something
equivalent from scratch would take some time.
Regards,
John Sibert