[ADMB Users] how reliable are ADMB estimates of variances?

Richard.Methot at noaa.gov Richard.Methot at noaa.gov
Sun Jul 12 20:51:18 PDT 2009

Generally we find ADMB's estimates of variance from the inverse
Hessian method to be sufficiently accurate.  Even with large and
complex models with hundreds of estimated parameters, we find these
variance estimates to be similar to those calculated from MCMC and
from likelihood profiles.

Rick Methot