[ADMB Users] Examples of multilevel multiprocess model

Shige Song shigesong at gmail.com
Sat May 30 16:50:05 PDT 2009

Dear All,

I am trying to port an analysis from aML to ADMB. This is a multilevel
multiprocess model (some people call it multivariate multilevel model) of
child mortality. I am jointly modeling infant mortality (death before age
one), mortality between age 1-10, and mortality between age 11-20. Because
aML assumes a multivariate normal distribution for the unobserved
heterogeneity terms, some reviwers think my results are minly driven by this
distributional assumption. I would like to try alternative distribution
assumption for these unobserved hetegeineity terms such as multivariate
log-normal or multivariate t. ADMB seems to be the only softare choice for
this.

It will be really great if there is an example of multilevel multiprocess
model using ADMB so that I can tailor it to suite my own research needs. Can
anybody help me with this?

Many thanks.

Best,
Shige