[ADMB Users] Multiple stage iteration limits

Fowler, Mark Mark.Fowler at dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Thu Apr 8 11:29:13 PDT 2010

Hello,
Anybody have a programmatic way to capture the iterations per estimation
stage, maybe some form of screen output parser?

I'm dealing with multi-stage fishery models that often require a lot of
iterations to converge. It would help if I could pinpoint the particular
stage or stages that broached an evaluation limit. I'm not aware of any
way to capture this report-style, the information does not seem to be
stored by ADMB in a manner a conventional user might access. As the
common bottlenecks I encounter can require thousands of iterations to
overcome, I'd like to avoid simply spooling and visually wading through
the screen output to determine iterations per estimation stages.

> 	Mark Fowler
		Population Ecology Division
> 	Bedford Inst of Oceanography
> 	Dept Fisheries & Oceans