[ADMB Users] restricted maximum likelihood

Mark Maunder mmaunder at iattc.org
Fri Apr 16 07:43:30 PDT 2010

Ian,

I think that the procedure that you describe is a computational
convenience, just like similar two step procedures used to calculate
random effect models.

Mark

Mark Maunder
Head of the Stock Assessment Program
Inter-American  Tropical Tuna Commission
8604 La Jolla Shores Drive
La Jolla, CA, 92037-1508, USA

Tel: (858) 546-7027
Fax: (858) 546-7133
mmaunder at iattc.org
http://www.fisheriesstockassessment.com/TikiWiki/tiki-index.php?page=Mar
k+Maunder

Visit the AD Model Builder project at
 http://admb-project.org/

See the following website for information on fisheries stock assessment
http://www.fisheriesstockassessment.com/