[ADMB Users] Problem in installing admb

Marie Etienne mp.etienne at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 17:58:20 PDT 2010

Dear admb maintainer,

I tried to install amb on my computer. First I tried using Windows Vista
with the installer, but there is a problem with the path which seems to be
not recognized, even if I have checked many times the path. So I tried the
other procedure described
http://admb-project.org/documentation/admb-installation-mingw. But still the
examples are noit working, and in the dos prompt commads admb is not
recognized.

I switch to linux using the procedure described in
http://admb-project.org/documentation/admb-installation-linux.
At the make step, everything first seems fine, the g++ compiler is called,
but there are a lot of errors during the compilation process at the linking
step
 (adlink)
First errors are
/home/marie/admb/lib/libadmod.a(model.obj): In function
`param_init_matrix::save_value()':
model.cpp:(.text+0x24f4): undefined reference to
`std::ctype<char>::_M_widen_init() const'
/home/marie/admb/lib/libadmod.a(model.obj): In function
`initial_params::save()':
model.cpp:(.text+0x2c94): undefined reference to
`std::ctype<char>::_M_widen_init() const'
/home/marie/admb/lib/libadmod.a(model.obj): In function
`param_init_vector::save_value()':
model.cpp:(.text+0x2e94): undefined reference to
`std::ctype<char>::_M_widen_init() const'
/home/marie/admb/lib/libadmod.a(model.obj): In function
`param_init_number::save_value()':
model.cpp:(.text+0x2f74): undefined reference to
`std::ctype<char>::_M_widen_init() const'

I tried to compile several different examples but Istill obtain the same
kind of errors.

My g++ compiler version is :
g++ (Ubuntu 4.3.3-5ubuntu4) 4.3.3

Do you have an idea of what is wrong and how to have a functionnal verion of
admb?
Thanks for your help

Marie

--