[ADMB Users] Problem running glmmADMB in R 2.9.1 (Windows)

Tanya Russell t.russell2 at uq.edu.au
Sun Aug 29 19:12:24 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am new to glmmADMB and I am experiencing problems running the model using the R interface. As follows:

> data(epil2)
> glmm.admb(y~Base*trt+Age+Visit,random=~Visit,group="subject",data=epil2,family="nbinom")
'C:/Users/Tanya' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Error in glmm.admb(y ~ Base * trt + Age + Visit, random = ~Visit, group = "subject",  :
  The function maximizer failed
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In dir.create(dirname) : '_glmm_ADMB_temp_dir_' already exists
2: In file.remove(std_file) :
  cannot remove file 'nbmm.std', reason 'No such file or directory'
3: In shell(paste(.path.package("glmmADMB"), "/admb/", file_name, ".exe",  :
  'C:/Users/Tanya Russell/Documents/R/win-library/2.9/glmmADMB/admb/nbmm.exe -maxfn 500 ' execution failed with error code 1

My feeling is that the error originates from the space in the directory name. Could you please assist me to deal with this issue.

Kind regards, Tanya.

Dr Tanya Russell | Senior Research Fellow | PacMISC | Australian Centre for International and Tropical Health
School of Population Health | The University of Queensland | Public Health Building | Herston Rd | Herston Qld 4006 | Australia
Mob: +61434 286 890 | Email: t.russell2 at uq.edu.au