[ADMB Users] file name length

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 13:52:25 PST 2010

On 10-12-16 05:32 AM, dave fournier wrote:
> I think the problem here is that the name of the file is too long for
> tpl2cpp. If you weren't doing this via R you would see that immediately.

  I did actually run "admb toyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" in
the shell as well, although I admit that I saw

*** tpl2cpp   toyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
Error trying to create output file
toyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.cpp(0,20

  and only noticed the second line, rather than paying careful attention
to where it was coming from.

  Does this give us a way to track the problem further?

I tried looking at the nh99/tpl2cpp.lex file, which has the following
hard-coded sizes:

 char outcommand[100];
  char infile_name[25];
  char infile_root[25];
  char name_string[50];
  char outfile_name[25];
  char headerfile_name[25];

but I don't know which if any of these is responsible  ...