[ADMB Users] New Linux user

Iago Mosqueira iago.mosqueira at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 06:42:15 PST 2010

Hello,

I am a new user of ADMB, coming mostly from R and C. I use Linux and
tried to find a good way of installing it in my machine, either from
the executables or the compiled source code.

I wanted to have the contents lib, include and bin folders into my
/usr/local/, a typical way in Linux to get this installed for all
users. The only problem I found was that tpl2cpp tries to create the
tmp files and the cpp file in the location marked by ADMB_HOME. But in
my case that is somewhere where only su can write.

The solution I found, to get admb to run in whatever folder I happen
have the tpl file, is to add

export ADMB_HOME=$PWD

to the admb script, in my case in line 31. This seems to do the trick.
Would be useful to streamline the instalation procedure for Linux,
though, with an install option to the makefile maybe?

Cheers,

Iago