[ADMB Users] Reliability of Hessian Matrix Values....

Ian Taylor Ian.Taylor at noaa.gov
Tue Feb 16 12:33:22 PST 2010

Hi Mike,
There's a little discussion on this topic from this email list archived
here:
http://groups.google.com/group/admb-users/browse_thread/thread/f6cc1c78acebdb2d/f11160addca05952?lnk=gst&q=hessian#f11160addca05952
I'm sure others may be able to provide more detailed support of this
conclusion, but my experience, based on comparison with MCMC estimates
and stability across multiple runs of similar models, is that the
Hessian matrix values are extremely reliable, regardless of model
complexity.
-Ian