[ADMB Users] Fwd: Novice question on ADMB on Mac

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Mon Jan 4 10:55:06 PST 2010

  "Non-trivial" would be the word I would use for an awk script (if not
"nightmare" ...).  Among other things, WinBUGS is "non-causal" -- the
relationships among variables can be defined in any order ... (Of course
I'd be happy to be proved wrong.)

  Closer to the realm of possibility is to translate a formula-specified
mixed model (from, say, R) to both WinBUGS (as is done by the glmmBUGS
package) and ADMB.  I second Hans Skaug's opinion that a simple worked
example would be a great starting point (not sure exactly when I will
get around to it though ...)

  Ben