[ADMB Users] ADMB and Cygwin

Ian Taylor Ian.Taylor at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 6 09:18:00 PDT 2010

This issue seems similar to one I had recently with R where the creation
of a HOME environment variable for the ADMB-IDE pointed R to a new
location where the things it was looking for were absent. In that case,
creating a new R_USER environment variable pointing to the old location
superseded the use of HOME and solved the problem. I don't immediately
see a similar option with Cygwin, but I would suggest that an
alternative that might work would be to copy all of c:/cygwin/ to
c:/~/cygwin/ and modify the PATH to account for the change.
-Ian