[ADMB Users] The current status of BUGS

Allan Hicks Allan.Hicks at noaa.gov
Wed Jun 16 12:36:03 PDT 2010

Although I have not used it, I have noticed people using JAGS (Just
Another Gibbs Sampler).  It is similar to BUGS and its most recent
release was on May 12, 2010.  I am not sure of much else, but it appears
to have Windows, Linux, and Max OS distributions.

http://www-fis.iarc.fr/~martyn/software/jags/

Given that BUGS and JAGS have a similar coding style, I imagine that
Mark's article on converting WinBUGS to ADMB could be used to guide
someone in converting JAGS to ADMB.

Allan