[ADMB Users] ADMD IDE

Ian Taylor Ian.Taylor at noaa.gov
Fri Jun 18 16:50:14 PDT 2010

As a less advanced user of Emacs who started before Arni came up with
the ADMB-IDE, I would add that Arni has taken some well chosen steps to
make it easier for beginners to use. Whereas the default installation of
Emacs has an idiosyncratic set of keyboard shortcuts and a confusing (to
me) lingo to describe the commands that they perform, for the ADMB-IDE,
Arni has enabled some common user access shortcuts:
http://admb-project.org/community/editing-tools/admb-ide/manual#page=17

I bring this up because if you get into the practice of configuring the
ADMB-IDE to speed it's use with C++ in general (which will not be hard),
you should not be daunted by the array of information on the web that
may seem confusing in comparison to the ease of using the program as
configured. And when in doubt, ask Arni--it turns the sun will set in
Iceland tonight, but not until after midnight.

-Ian