[ADMB Users] Objective function value in robust regression

Rubén Roa rroa at azti.es
Thu May 13 00:20:34 PDT 2010

Since ADMB does minimisation, I asked: "does the robust regression procedure reports the _raw negative_ log-likelihood in the par file? The obvious alternative is that it reports the log-likelihood. I am getting positive objective function values (and therefore negative AICs) but we are dealing here with probability densities, so the log-likelihood could be positive or negative. I checked the ADMB manual about the robust regression procedure, it looks cool, with the mixture of distributions, but I didn't find any reference to what it is reported as the result of the value for the objective function. I guess it is the raw negative log-likelihood that was minimised but I would like to have confirmation.

Rubén

Dr. Rubén Roa-Ureta
AZTI - Tecnalia / Marine Research Unit
Txatxarramendi Ugartea z/g