[ADMB Users] Installation Help

Curry Cunningham akcurry at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed May 26 17:41:35 PDT 2010

Hello:
I'm currently trying to install ADMB onto my Mac OS 10.4.11 equipped with XCode 2.2.1 and gcc 4.0.1. After following the installation instructions and augmenting my .bashrc file, I'm still unable to execute any ADMB commands (tpl2cpp, makeadm, ect.), without my terminal returning: "cannot execute binary file".

Furthermore, when I attempt "makeadm" on one of the examples such as "buscycle", I get the above message and then a list of "Unidentified Symbols" :

ad_set_new_handler()
admaster_slave_variable_interface(ad_comm const&)
exp(dvar_matrix const&)
log(dvar_vector const&)
log(prevariable const&)
log(dvector const&)
sum(dvar5_array const&)
sum(dvar7_array const&)
sum(dvar_vector const&)
sqrt(prevariable const&)
norm2(dvar_vector const&)
trans(dvar_matrix const&)
colsum(dvar_matrix const&)
square(prevariable const&)
Until now I've had wonderful luck running ADMB on the desktop PC at work with Borland BCC. Suffice it to say I'm quite perplexed and would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thank you very much for your time,
Curry Cunningham
(UW, SAFS)