[ADMB Users] glmmADMB errors in R on Mac

McCracken, Shawn F smccracken at txstate.edu
Wed Nov 3 13:36:25 PDT 2010

Hello,

I have tried to install glmmADMB two ways on my Mac OS 10.6.4 and I keep getting an error when I go to run the examples.

> fit = glmm.admb(y~Base*trt+Age+Visit,random=~Visit,group="subject",data=epil2,family="nbinom")
Error in glmm.admb(y ~ Base * trt + Age + Visit, random = ~Visit, group = "subject",  :
  The function maximizer failed

I first installed via the directions on the left of this page: http://otter-rsch.com/admbre/examples/glmmadmb/glmmADMB.html

The only thing I had to do differently was finding the location of the nbmm and bvprobit files. I found them here on my machine: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.11/Resources/library/admb and replaced them with those from macversions.zip

I also tried the install from: install.packages("glmmADMB", repos="http://r-forge.r-project.org")

I have tried looking online for a solution with no luck. Could you please direct me on how to fix the problem?

Thank you,

Shawn McCracken