[ADMB Users] Values for random effects

Schweizer, Peter E. schweizerpe at ornl.gov
Fri Nov 12 11:08:52 PST 2010

Hello admb users,

I just recently  'discovered' glmm.admb and  would be interested to learn if admb in R can provide a  single value for random effects, similar to a 'working correlation' in SAS when using GEE.

As of now I have
M1<-glmm.admb( Y ~  V1 + V2 + V3 +V4 +V5, random = ~ U, group="U", data=A1, family="nbinom")
In this case, U has 7 groups and in the model summary for above  model M1 I am getting (7) values for the diagonal matrix of the random effects. What I would like to obtain is a value that expresses the random effect for all groups in ONE single value, similar to a 'working correlation' in SAS when using GEE.

Does this sound reasonable?

Kind regards,

Pete