[ADMB Users] Beta release of admb 10.0

Iago Mosqueira iago.mosqueira at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 06:13:28 PST 2010

On Nov 10, 6:10 pm, John Sibert <sib... at hawaii.edu> wrote:
> The ADMB development team is planning a new release of the complete ADMB
> source code in December 2010. A preliminary version of the new release
> is now ready for testing by users. The source code, along with build
> procedures for linux/gcc and windows/vcc, is available athttp://admb-project.googlecode.com/files/admb-10.0Beta.zip. Build
> procedures for other compilers are in the works.
>
> Some of the changes in the new version include:
> -  Several improved algorithms, including a new random number generator
> -  Matrix exponential
> -  Hybrid MCMC
> -  Sparse Hessian
> -  More examples
> -  Support for Intel C++ compiler
> -  Added configure script for linux
> -  Various bug fixes and improvements
> -  More complete API documentatiom
>
> Please help out by testing this code with your application and report
> back any problems.
>
> --
> John Sibert
> Emeritus Researcher, SOEST
> University of Hawaii at Manoa
>
> Visit the ADMB projecthttp://admb-project.org/

Hi,

Run a quick check and make install fails in my system (Ubuntu 10.04)
with

install -m 444 README /usr/local/admb
install: cannot stat `README': No such file or directory
make: *** [install] Error 1

This is because the file is actually called README.txt. Renaming it to
README solved the problem.

Good work. Cheers,

Iago