[ADMB Users] Interpolation while optimising

Ian Taylor Ian.Taylor at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 8 17:01:34 PDT 2010

  Mark,
Thanks for sharing this. Your email is now
referenced in the FAQ at
http://admb-project.org/documentation/faq#splines.
I would also add that trial and error (in lieu of
knowledge of this subject) tells me that the two
additional values that you have set to 0 in the line

  vcubic_spline_function splinefn=vcubic_spline_function(splinex,spliney,0.0,0.0)

are the second derivative of the spline function
at the first and last values of splinex.

One day, the documentation will describe all this
stuff, but for now, the email record certainly helps.
-Ian