[ADMB Users] latest glmmadmb and p values

dave fournier otter at otter-rsch.com
Mon Oct 25 04:40:30 PDT 2010

Thanks Ben. I agree that one probably should not
use p values. I would use LR tests. However it seems that
people need to use p values. the problme with p values
will be there no matter what package one uses.  so if people
want p vlaues we might as well supply them.

Actually I am more concerned with what appear to be commonly
held beliefs that a simple parameterization of
overidspersion in the NB takes care of all the
overdispersion in count models. In my experience using
LR tests one can generally show that overdispersion
needs to be modelled more elaborately.