[ADMB Users] Running from remote directory

Mark Payne mpa at aqua.dtu.dk
Tue Oct 26 02:42:26 PDT 2010

Dear ADMBers,

I was wondering if someone could help me interpret the following please - I don't know whether this is a bug or just me doing something not intended.

I have built my model in ADMB and it runs fine. I would now like to use it in a batch-processing mode, where I run through a series of different input files, fit the model accordingly, and save the corresponding results. I have automated most of this through the use of a makefile.

The problem, however, pops up when I try to run my ADMB model in a temporary directory, other than that which contains the executable. eg the name of the executable is "forward" and it sits in the parent directory (..), one above the directory I am in. When I try to run it, it fails with the following error.

mpa at ch-linux05:~/Forward trajectories/trunk/Model/tmp$ ../forward

Second index out of bounds in adstring::operator () (int,int)
Index value was 0 The size of this adstring is 10
mpa at ch-linux05:~/Forward trajectories/trunk/Model/tmp$

Running it from the parent directory (../) or using a soft link works fine. Any ideas? Is this a bug?

Cheers,

Mark