[ADMB Users] New Installation Problems of ADMB

christone nyondo chrisnyondo at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 20 07:35:32 PDT 2010

Hello,

I downloaded a 32bit windows version of ADMB (i.e. admb-9.1-windows-mingw-gcc3.4-32bit.exe) from the

downloads page of the ADMB Project site on Code Google to instal my my Windows XP run computer.

As per installation instructions from one of the ADMB manuals, I typed "make" in the command prompt of ADMB to test whether the programme had installed correctly and got the following error message:

cd/examples/admb/simple; admb.bat simple
The system cannot get the path specified.
make: *** [simple] Error 1

I have typed the message exactly as it comes out on the three lines.
So far the help I have received to resolve this issue has not been particularly helpful to me and am getting frustrated. I am a traditional Stata user BUT I have a bit of experience with R-project. I have resolved to thoroughly enhance my skills with both R and ADMB BUT am getting frustrated at the onset.

I really, need help.

Christone