[ADMB Users] Initial guesses for random effects

Mark Payne mpa at aqua.dtu.dk
Tue Apr 5 07:42:48 PDT 2011

Hi,

I would like to specify the initial guesses for the values of the random effects in my model. I am used to doing this programatically, via the PRELIMINARY_CALCS_SECTION. Setting the value of the random_effects_vector here works, but when it comes to the PROCEDURE_SECTION, the value is "ignored" and all of my random effects have returned to 0. How can I therefore specify an initial guess (preferably programatically)?

Best wishes,

Mark