[ADMB Users] How often is a re-compile needed?

Evan Cooch evan.cooch at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 13:20:16 PDT 2011

I've noticed a fair amount of recent traffic concerning 'bug fixes'
(some seem critical, some more esoteric, perhaps) and the like. Based on
this, was wondering what the recommended frequency for 'recompiling from
source' is?  On the download page, there seems to be only one link to
the tarball -- as opposed to (say) a link to a stable branch, and a link
to a nightly build branch (or some such).

Recompiling is not a major issue, but wanted to know if this is
something I should do routinely (its easy enough to write a script to
grab the nightly tarball, download, extract, and compile), but that
might be more that I should do (for any number of reasons).

Thanks in advance...