[ADMB Users] Circumventing a type mismatch

Fowler, Mark Mark.Fowler at dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Wed Dec 7 09:37:35 PST 2011

I'm looking for a convenient way to bypass a type mismatch in data
objects. I know go-arounds for this but they require lots of typing, I'm
hoping for a simple translation syntax solution, or maybe a format
definition I haven't come across.

Example

Define a matrix in the DATA_SECTION

   matrix now_values(1,n_values,1,2)

Define another matrix in the PARAMETER_SECTION (so type dvar)

  matrix par_values(1,n_values,1,2)

Capture or create values of par_values in PRELIMINARY_CALCS_SECTION.
Something like

now_values=justgimmethecurrentnumbers(par_values);

Or

par_values=dvarwannabe(now_values);

Seeking a simple way to keep track of associated initial and fitted
values in outputs, or alternatively pass computed initial values from a
suite of choices to a parameter object. Inspired by hordes of ogives.

> 	Mark Fowler
		Population Ecology Division
> 	Bedford Inst of Oceanography
> 	Dept Fisheries & Oceans