[ADMB Users] glmmADMB-Function maximizer failed Poisson, ZIPoisson, NB1, ZINB1 (dave fournier)

Rocio Jana rcjp14 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 20:40:14 PST 2011

Hello all

Thank you Dave for that. After a while I think I understand more or
less the results you sent me, but I still don't know how you got those
numbers from the analysis run in the terminal window, specifically the
.std and .rep files. It might be the operative system. I have explored
all the files in the temporary folder and I found two files with
results (glmmadmb.p01 and glmmadmb.p02). The beta values you sent in
.std and .par files are the same as in my file glmmadmb.p02, but the
number of parameters and u values are different. Also glmmadmb.p01 is
completely different, not sure what it is. So, I don't get the "real
beta" values.

This might be a dumb question but how can I calculate the level of
statistical significance of the estimates (real beta) for the
predictors? Also, as I want to use AIC to compare the different
models, how can I calculate it from those results?

Finally, I updated today again the package, downloaded version 0.7 and
run  the models in R. Now I am obtaining a different error, and only
with Poisson distribution (ZI and non ZI).

 The function maximizer failed (couldn't find STD file)
In addition: Warning messages:
1: running command 'C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c "C:/Program
Files/R/R-2.14.1/library/glmmADMB/bin/windows32/glmmadmb.exe" -maxfn
500' had status 1
2: In shell(cmd, invisible = TRUE) :
  '"C:/Program Files/R/R-2.14.1/library/glmmADMB/bin/windows32/glmmadmb.exe"
-maxfn 500' execution failed with error code 1

Interestingly, the same file I can't find in my temporary folder is
missing in the analysis in R.

Thanks for the help and time.

Cheers
Rocio