[ADMB Users] Launching several ADMB programs simultaneously

Chris Gast cmgast at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 18:00:32 PST 2011

I've certainly used more than 1 ADMB executable simultaneously (32bit and
64bit). Of course, they need to reside in separate directories, so that
temporary files do not interact with one another.

I've called them from an R loop with the shell() command that calls the
ADMB executable and passes names of .dat and .pin files. Of course, you
need to have separate R processes (unless you use something allowing
multithreaded operations, such as doSMP + foreach, which I'm not using with
ADMB), which I call in batch from Windows batch files.

Chris

Chris Gast
cmgast at gmail.com