[ADMB Users] gradstack buffer size error

Allan Hicks Allan.Hicks at noaa.gov
Tue Feb 1 17:40:01 PST 2011

Hi Mollie,

Another thought, can you let me know what OS you are using and how much
memory you have installed?   If your gradfil1.tmp file is 32Gb, you will
need to have a lot of memory available to the OS, which means you need a
lot installed and a 64-bit OS.

The temporary files are written to in memory intensive models when
memory isn't available, so it is actually a feature of ADMB. Otherwise,
you simply would not be able to run the model at all.

Thanks,
Allan