[ADMB Users] installing admb from SVN

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 10:47:16 PST 2011

After successful ./configure; make install on Ubuntu 10.04,

$ sudo make install

[...]
install -m 555 scripts/g++/admb-bin /usr/local/bin/admb
install: cannot stat `scripts/g++/admb-bin': No such file or directory

$ ls scripts/g++/
adcomp  adcomp.bat  adlink  adlink.bat  Makefile  sedcmd  sedcmd2
sedcmd3  seddf1b2  seddf1b3  seddf1b4  sedf1b2a  sedf1b2c  sedf1b2d  sedflex

$ find . -name "admb-bin"
./scripts/admb/admb-bin

$  install -m 555 scripts/admb/admb-bin /usr/local/bin/admb
[works]

 But "make install" still fails ...

==============

  A slightly tangential query: I'm really glad to see version 10 on SVN.
  I wiped out my old SVN directory and did a new checkout.
  However, when I run "svn log" this is what I get:

====
r116 | johnoel at hawaii.edu | 2011-01-20 16:00:19 -0500 (Thu, 20 Jan 2011)
| 1 line

Added 10.0
===

  out of curiosity, does that mean that there have been no updates since
20 Jan 2011, or does that mean that ADMB development is (still)
happening somewhere than on the google code SVN repository ... ?

  cheers
    Ben Bolker