[ADMB Users] installing admb from SVN

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 13:56:54 PST 2011

On 02/03/2011 04:40 PM, Shige Song wrote:
> The same error also happened to the released source distribution when
> "sudo make install". I simply copied the build binary into
> /usr/local/admb.
>
> Shige

  Thanks, I probably saw this on the list and wasn't paying proper
attention.
  the 'install' command I ran by hand (see below) probably did the same
thing as manual copying.
  I wasn't 100% sure whether the make process had completed (i.e.,
whether there were commands after the failed one in the Makefile), and I
completely failed to figure out where in the ADMB source code structure
this script/Makefile was living -- tried various desperate combinations
of grepping for "-m 555", looking for Makefiles or things called ".mak"
...  if I could find it I would try to fix it and suggest a patch, but
it's all a little too opaque for me at this point.

  Ben Bolker