[ADMB Users] NLMM Model Selection

H. Skaug hskaug at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 23:59:38 PST 2011

Hi,

It does not matter if you do the intergration analytically or by
numerical integration.
For model selection it is the number of init_number parameters that matters.

It does however make sense to ask in a spatial glmm "how many degrees
of freedom does my fitted surface have" which is another question
(related to what Ben says),
and will be lower than the number of elements in random_effects_vector.

In ADMB this distinction is clear. You make a decission when you write
your program.
In BUGS it is not so clear, even after you written the program.

Hans